relocate or keep a job?

My girlfriend is pregnant, i have a good job now, earning a good wage and i am giving her good help.

The problem is that my suburb does not have any service and everything is far, she wants to work for the next 3 or 4 months and found a job close to the city. But i have to quit my job to help her.

With CoVid i don't think i can find another job soon, or probably with half salary

any advice on what to do?

• edward

My old job had a similar issue.  Although i was in highschool making double of minimum wage at that job it wasn’t worth leaving to be closer to the city.  I live downtown now so it doesn’t matter where i work i can provide more for my family which is really what it comes down to in the end

Huh?  Why do you need to move and change jobs just so she can have a job?  You don't.  She's pregnant.  How much help does she need?  If you are saying that you are supporting her financially, then you need to keep doing that by keeping your job -- unless your girlfriends' job is going to support her and you and the kid down the line.

If your girlfriend is only going to work for a couple of months, there's really not point in you making any changes.  If she can support herself for 3 months on this city job and rent a place to live, great.  Otherwise, she needs to reconsider and both of you need a reality check. 

• helene

Do not quit your job. How does that even make sense?

I do not  understand why you would have to quit your job to "help her work" for three or four months.  Are you supposed to be her driver or something?

How much could they POSSIBLY be paying her to make up for you BOTH being unemployed when the baby comes?

Relocate for 3 to 4 months so she can work and maybe you can find a job at half your pay?  Both of you would have to have rocks in your head to even seriously consider that unless you are already financially independent.