crazy question but if i went into labor on a wednesday evening a 5:00pm and gave birth on friday 3:30am how many hours was i in labor for?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

From 5:00 p.m. Wednesday until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday is 24 hours. From 5:00 p.m. Thursday until 3:30 a.m. Friday is 10-1/2 hours. You were in labor for 34-1/2 hours.  

If you were in hard labor for all that length of time (which you probably weren't), I find it hard to believe that a doctor would let his patient continue in unprotective labor for that long. He would do a C-section. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Too long.  That is 24 + 7 + 3.5 = 34.5 

The average labor is 8 hours.  Rarely more than 18.  Most obstetricians and hospitals have a protocols for labor management because of the stress on both mother an unborn child.  It is likely that both drugs and or a C-section would happen long before someone reached 30 hours of labor. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sweet mother of god.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

An impossibly long time

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

34.5 hours.

From Wednesday at 5 pm until Thursday at 5 pm is 24 hours.

From 5 pm on Thursday until 3:30 am on Friday is another 10.5 hours for a total of 34.5 hours.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.