Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How do I become an invaluable employee in a workplace of “superstars?”?

When I am a good worker but no superstar

I like my job and most colleagues

I just want to be better, as they are all better and recognised for it..

Do not wish to leave!

• Dv8s

Step it up, if you want to be a superstar you have to shine.  Go the extra mile, and you'll become invaluable.

Best advice. Do exactly what you are asked to by your boss and do it properly. People appreciate that  - and they come to rely on you. That's what makes you invaluable. Superstars tend to come and go so don't worry too much about them. 

Exactly what LiverGirl88 said. I'd like to add that in my tiny slice of the world, I witnessed that the majority of superstars was inappropriately involved with the superiors, whether by illicit affair or infatuation or some crazy dysfunction. It's important to recognize when it's time to move on and to know you will never be successful in your role, no matter how good your work is. Sorry to be tough here; the longer you stay, the more your self-esteem will dissolve. 

Continue to be productive, engaged with your colleagues, endorse cohesion and strive to know more.  Remember, there are different definitions of what it means to be a Superstar.