How to ask if I can stay the night?

So I have been dating this guy for 6 weeks now and whenever I see him we have a good time.. and I’m there till about 2 or 3am every time. Then he says he should probably go to bed and I end up having to drive home (it’s not far about a 30 minute drive).

How comes he hasn’t invited me to stay the night? And how could I suggest it without coming across as pushy or whatever.. it’s his home and I appreciate that.

He lives alone

You're leaving at a very late hour, driving home alone.  Why doesn't he come to your place?  

Regarding staying overnite at his place, it appears that's not what he wants, so don't make a fool of yourself by asking. if you're too tired or scared to leave at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m., just ask him if he minds if you sleep on the sofa--seriously!  Don't make it a romantic situation,  cuz right now, that doesn't seem to be what he wants.

• When I first started seeing my S/O, and was staying late like that, I always would be the one to initiate the fact that I needed to leave because it was late. It got to the point where he didn't want me to leave and told me that he hated it when I had to leave. After he let me know that I asked him if he would like me to spend the night and he said yes. Prior to not knowing how he felt about me leaving late I would never ask to spend the night. Now, anytime I come over he expects me to spend the night and wants me to. There is a lack of information about your relationship. Do you two have a sexual relationship? If not, he probably doesn't want you to spend the night because he doesn't want to sleep on the couch and let you have the bed. He may be waiting for a sign to take it to the next level sexually. If you don't already have a sexual relationship, it might awkward to sleep in the same bed with someone. Does he work in the morning? Maybe he doesn't want to wake up for work and basically have to kick you out. 

Stop over staying your welcome in the first place. Rather than wait for him to ask you to leave, take it upon yourself to leave, maybe around 11:30 to mid-night.

My goodness girl, take a hint and leave on your own. Do not ask to sleep over as you really should wait to be invited. 

I would never humiliate myself by over staying and being prompted to leave. Yikes.

Pretend that you saw a someone at his house...Maybe a ghost , thief or a intruder...

Scary him to death....Act like you really saw it and freak out...And before leaving ask kindly ask him...He''ll grantee say Yes..

Your Welcome

• I have a severe case of anus cancer

I'd suggest that you ask him if he wants you to spend the night and remind him of dangers of driving late at night when tired.

• 'They're rapists ... some, I assume, are good people' Trump

I can only think of a couple of reasons, it's either straight or likes his privacy.

Invite him to come and spend a night with you.

'Hey, I would like to spend a night with you, would you like to come to MY place?'

You can make out his thoughts from his reply.

If you think he's ready for the next step but is just taking it slow or is shy, say 'rather than taking me home, why don't I just stay here with you?'.  Or go to the bathroom, come out topless and I suspect things will quickly escalate.

• Alan H

You should not, currently, be visiting him

If you insist, when I says 'I must go to bed' just ask, 'Shall I join you?'

But after just 6 weeks...........

If you want to stay the night, you ASK him directly. If he doesn't immediately agree, then let it go. He doesn't want you to. Accept it. 

6 weeks and he hasnt asked you , damn sweetie , i would have asked you the 2nd night lol , maybe he is a virgin and doesnt know anything maybe he is gay and sees u as just a friend , how old is this dude something is not right .