anaghs2002 asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Can anyone help me in understanding what is the definition of a typical air passenger trip?  ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

When you Air You don't wont handle Air Stewardess

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Hihil has given you an amusing answer. Part of that problem can be solved by NOT insisting on carrying half your worldly possessions on the plane with your. Airlines very rarely lose luggage these days- it's all computerized. I take a soft bag that I can easily put under the seat in front of my if the overhead bins are full.  It's really the procedures through security that you need to know. Unless you have TSA pre-approved status, or you get lucky and they assign you to the pre-approved lane randomly (it will be on your boarding pass), you'll line up. If you can, before you get to the conveyor belt, take off jackets, belts, any metal jewelry, take your laptop out of your bag. Put you carry on on the conveyor belt. Put your laptop in a bin. Put your belt, wallet, phone and shoes in another bin and send them down the conveyor. Wait for the person in front of you to go through the scanner. The TSA agent will motion you through. If it's the xray, you just walk through. If it's the big glass tube, you put your feet on the footprints on the floor, put your hands up in the air, and wait for it to scan you. If they detect anything suspicious in your carry on, they'll open it while you stand there (it's happened to me with a deck of cards and an electric shaver.) Then you collect your stuff, go to the bench at the end to get redressed, and then head for your gate. 

• ...Show all comments
    • F
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

The problem with NOT carrying everything onto the plane, is you wait up to an hour to get your luggage back.

• 4 weeks ago

You get to the airport, go through security, get to the gate. Wait.

Board with everyone else, then wait for takeoff. when you get to the destination, you get off.

That is about as typical as it gets.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

But Roger DID take him through Security.

• hihi!
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You sit for half eternity in Gate D7, having walked thru the airport farther than Timur (Tamerlane) on his invasion of lndia. Finally Boarding Call. 89 people are instantly lined up ahead of you as you collect your phone, ear buds, Bud Light and "WHERE'S MY BOARDING CARD?????" 

Finally you get on the plane and get intimate with the smell of jet fuel. Kerosene. It is 47 degrees on the plane-Celsius, about 120° in the shade. You stand as 37 people in the aisle block access to seat 52B. Yours. Finally, dragging a wheeled carry-on bag missing one wheel, you get to Row 52! You lift 87 pounds of carry-on, in a bag never intended to BE carried-on, only to find the slot left available by Brute Bullhead in Row 36 is hardly big enough for a ladies handbag. You search the rest of the plane for an opening, stuff in your necessities, and the stewardess politely says "That bin is for official use only". After another 15 minutes of looking in bins for empty places bigger than a dime, and stepping on toes of people lounging their feet in the aisle, you push smaller bags and jackets aside and insert your missing-a-wheel bag. You rejoice in the fact that the wheel IS missing, otherwise you could not shut the bin. You stroll back to 52 B, confident you are finally a real Air Passenger. The oversized lady in 52 B looks sheepishly as you show her your boarding card and says "51 B is my son's seat and I wanted to sit with him". He returns from the toilet with evidently wet hands and is larger than his mom. His 36 years have been more unkind to him than his mom has been. So you ask the stewardess if you can sit in Row 17 A, where the lard factory belongs. She says "Yes, and did you stow your half a camel overhead?"

17 A has a dark spot in the middle, SURELY someone did not wet it. You feel it, it IS wet. Fate and Fortune are with you as your fingers reek of Gin and Tonic on the Rocks with a Twist, rather than Emotional Support Animal urine. You search for insulation, find a plastic bag with a blanket inside. SUCCESS! You place the bag over the gin and tonic, the blanket over the bag, and sit with renewed confidence. The stewardess wanders over, checking seat belts pre-flight, and informs you that there is a $9 charge for using the blanket! Smooth sailing from here on! OR you could fly British Air!!

• F
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Carry on, you’ve only just started. What about in flight food, reclining etiquette , alighting ( why is it not just getting off), immigration and customs, skip carousel you’ve got your massive case with you, in going transport.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

its just a trip on an airplane

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Flight .........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.