Making a new Apple ID for a couple of months?

I recently dropped my Iphone X in a lake and have no way of retrieving it. I do not have insurance so I took a fat L and have to downgrade to an older version of the Iphone. I am using my moms iPhone 6 now but I just learned that the iPhone 6 and below can't update to the latest version of IOS so I can't restore anything. I do not have the money to buy a newer version of the iPhone, but I plan on leaving for Navy Bootcamp in a couple of months. My question is, if I use a different apple ID for now, until I go to Bootcamp and can earn some more money for a newer phone, then, when I get a newer phone, will I still be able to login to my old Apple ID and still be able to restore all of my things through iCloud? My fear is that if I don't restore soon, all of my stuff will be wiped and Ill have to completely restart with a new phone. I have so much stuff on my phone that I can't afford to lose. It's been a rough couple of days if you can't tell lol. Any help on this subject will help me greatly.

iCloud does not delete anything. If you can get your existing phone number to work on another iPhone you can contact Apple and regain access to the Apple ID and your content should sync. The carrier should be able to help with that. Do you know your password? Because that will make things much easier. You will not however be able to restore from a backup since you’re original was probably running iOS 13 and six cannot go up to iOS 13; highest it can go is 12.4.

As long as you know the login info for the current Apple ID and iCloud, the data stored there will be fine.