Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Should everyone in my house should carry a gun or have a house gun?

My dad wants us to go to range to buy and shoot a gun.Well I’m not with that idea because carrying a gun is a big responsibility.Im a women and I carry a purse so if that gets lost I’m in trouble.since guns have a number to each person.I rather to have a family gun and keep it in my parents room so when we need it we can get it so everyone doesn’t have to carry one.I know they are very dangerous and can go to jail if someone happens to it or gets in the wrong hands.

We are all old enough age

For alot of people a gun will never be used and cause more problems than good. But like insurance, gee wiz are you glad you have it if you do need it. It's hard to say for any given individual. A rule of thumb I like to put out is if you're buying it in REACTION to an event, it's not for you. Some gun shop owners will tell you to come back in a month if they can tell you are doing it because you got mugged yesterday, you're worried about protestors or the apocalypse. Those are the idiots who forget about them in their underwear draw or shoot their teenager sneaking in at night.

And from an ex con's perspective, there's a catch 22, no pun intended. If you have a gun ready, it's not safe for you. If it's safe for you, I have an opening to harm you.

I don't know if you are all old enough age as opposed to old enough unrelated to age.

Should everyone should?

Does Dad know you need a License to carry (any handgun in some States, concealed in others) and it doesn't appear you can pass the written test?

You just admitted to a felony - one gun in your parents' room, you have no training, you can get to it and shoot it.?  Foolish.

I am also a female.  I have a concealed carry permit.  I have for years.  What does carrying a purse have to do with anything?  You intend to carry a loaded revolver in your purse?

Are you sure you are old enough age?

NO. There shouldn't be a 'house gun'. YOU shouldn't have a gun until YOU are comfortable having a gun. Your question ASSUMES only 2 options.

It would be wise to learn firearms use and safety. And to be familiar with any firearms that are in your home. That does not mean you should apply for personal carry permit if you do not feel comfortable. Many states require guns in the home be secure, so just access may be the best solution for you.

If you are not capable of killing an attacker or burgler you shouldn’t carry a gun. It will just escalate the violence and get you killed.

• KaleyK

Owning and operating a fireman is a Constitutional Right and .. as you have pointed out .. it's a huge responsibility.  If you are not prepared for the responsibility then don't do it.  If the purpose of owning/operating a firearm is to defend yourself, then you need to educate yourself about the legal & psychological effects of killing another human being along with safety & marksmanship.  While it is a Right, far too many people own firearms without sufficient training.