Scott
Scott asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

In the computer age why do we need airline tickets anymore? Why can't we...?

contact the airport like normal, give them the information like normal, than when we actually go to the airport, just go straight to the gate, have them verify the information and show them our IDs and just get on the plane?

I hope your middle school opens up on time.  You have the most boring life on the planet.  Find a way to use your time better, kid.

Computer can, and do, crash.

• Clive

Why haven't you noticed that this is what nearly all airlines have been doing for years?  The last time I had a paper ticket was in 2004.   Book online and you never get one.  Oh yes, you get an email confirmation, but that's not a ticket.  Then you need a boarding pass to get through security and show your seat number, but you can print that out yourself at home or get it at the airport check-in.

You also forgot about luggage.  That's the other reason why there are still check-in desks.  So if you have hand luggage only and already have your boarding pass, going straight through security and then to the gate is what you DO do.

But that's pretty much what has been happening for years now. I can't remember when I last used a paper ticket - hm, maybe 12 or 15 years ago.

Ran out of questions about Buffalo Wild Wings and Disney?

• Scott

keep up, I've asked questions on a wide range of things from yugioh to scientific facts. what you mention was just some of the latest questions I had, and yes some times I post the same or similar questions multiple times because sometimes I get multiple answers or more complete answers that way.

• L

You will still be required to go through TSA.

Hasn't anyone told you that you have to be at least 13 to come on here.

• Joseph

This is how it's done now.  You book a flight on line, show up at the airport counter before your flight with an appropriate ID and get a boarding pass.  Even better, you can book a flight and get a boarding pass on your phone and bypass the counter altogether.

I used CompuServe to book air travel on line back in the late 1980s.

Airlines stopped issuing paper tickets years ago.  

Hey why not ask about Disney 174 more times?