Why is alcohol more accepted in society than chewing tobacco? ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

When you drink alcohol you dont have to spit any of it out like you do with chewing tobacco, which also stains your teeth.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

People don't spit alcohol on the street.

• 1 month ago

Because spitting out tobacco juice is just gross. Respectable people don't want to see that.

• 1 month ago

It’s foreign to a lot of people who find the wad in the cheek or lower lip, stained teeth, and commonly used “spit bottle” revolting, where alcohol is simply frowned upon by teetotalers 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm in the UK and I've never come across anyone chewing tobacco (I've only ever seen it on TV).

I get the idea that chewing tobacco involves spitting which is never socially acceptable. Also, most people drink alcohol but few people chew tobacco - as I said, I've never come across anyone doing it.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because chewing tobacco involves spitting out nasty, smelly tobacco juice.  

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because you don't usually Spit alcohol 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because when I drink I don't spit shitAll over the place or in a disgusting cup. 

My teeth don't look like I have been eatingshit

My breath doesn't smell like someone shitAchristmas tree.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When people chew tobacco, they do not swallow their saliva. And the chewing creates a lot of saliva .. which is then spit out, usually into a container just FOR that called a "spitoon".

Gross. Unsanitary too, possible spreading of germs..

When you drink alcohol, the only time it leaves your mouth is when you are vomitting.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

its not .. you will get alot less looks or even law enforcement involvement taking a chew in public than if your walking around with a beer at the mall lol ...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.