kimmie asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

can you leave a harness on a dog all day and night?

You can if you want too but I wouldn't recommend it. It could make a dog very uncomfortable and itchy.

Yes,  you can.  You can also jump off your roof.  Neither one is a good idea.

You 'can' do pretty much what you like, but whether this is a good idea - quite another matter.   My answer would be no but then I don't leave anything on mine when indoors/on my property.   It's too easy for them to be caught up in something, and I'd imagine more comfortable to take something like a harness, or even a regular collar, off.

You can, but it's usually not necessary. If this is something you want to do, you have to make sure that the harness is breathable and waterproof, and maybe on the smaller, strappier side. I have a big sport harness that I used to walk my pup and I would never just leave it on him because it's bulky and covers a good portion of his body. I don't even use it when it gets above 80 degrees because it's just too hot for him; another layer, essentially. The harnesses I've seen left on dogs are really thin and don't cover a lot of the dog. I would worry about chafing or something like that, if moisture gets in between the straps or something.

Yes, you CAN.  It is not something I would recommend doing unless dog has a medical issue and you may need a (fleece) PADDED harness, if you must leave it on.  I had to leave one on a dog who developed Wobblers & had trouble rising or going DOWN stairs (w/o slipping).  We had no infections or sores in the multiple years my dog had to wear one.

• cool

yes but it would hurt them