Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

period stopped at third day am i pregnant ?

i had sex about 3 weeks ago and i have been stressing a lot with online school i'm only 15 my period lasted only 3 days but the blood looked normal like if it was my normal period why did it stop ? i'm scared i'm pregnant 

my period normally lasts around 6 days

Lucky you are not pregnant. It has been 3 weeks since your last sexual contact. If you are pregnant your strip would be positive soon.

We cant have perfect cycles in your age. You might have prolonged or shorter cycles.Cycles of 3 days are normal than the cycles of 6days.

I think according to the description, you have a some problems like miscarriages, abortions too.I cant see any of such according to the discription.  

• Edna

There's nothing to be worried about. You began a period three weeks AFTER you had sex. The fact that you had a period (even if it did last only 3 days) means you're not pregnant. 

There's no set length of time that a period is "supposed" to last. You might have a period that lasts 3 days one month; a period that lasts 4 days the next month; a period that lasts 6 days the following month. You were just lucky enough to have a "short" period this month. 

Period = not pregnant

Periods and cycles are not always the same. Stress, diet, and other changes can impact the timing and flow.  A period is still a period.  It is when your body sheds the lining of your uterus because there is no pregnancy.  A period of any length means no pregnancy.

Please, please, please, don't have sex without protection.  The guy can use a condom.  If he won't, then he isn't someone you really want to have sex with anyway.  If you are going to be sexually active, you really should see an ob/gyn and get on some form of birth control.  

• sarah

I'd be willing to bet it's just because of stress. Being stressed is pretty much the worst thing you can do for your period, lol. If you start having any pregnancy symptoms (tender breasts, nausea, etc.) or miss your next period, consider taking a pregnancy test. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry.

• Jill

If it was like a normal period,  no matter how long it lasted,  you are not pregnant.  

Pregnant women never have periods.