Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is Drew Brees right for saying he never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag referring to players Kneeling down for the anthem or no?

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees continues to stand against players kneeling during the national anthem when the season starts, and on Wednesday he told Yahoo Finance that he would never agree with the gesture.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country. Let me just tell you what I see or what I feel when the national anthem is played and when I look at the flag of the United States,” Brees said.

He never mentions George Floyd’s death or whether the officers should face justice

After receiving backlash about his comments, Brees reiterated his stance later to ESPN saying that he also respects his teammates and their fight for "racial equality and justice."

Drew Brees said he will never agree on anybody to disrespect the United States Flag because his grand parents fought for this country 

You're asking if he's allowed to have an opinion?

I think the important to remember that Drew Brees has always had this stance. He's always been open about that. It's in pretty much everything he does. I don't think it was fair to ask him at this time. You're basically asking him to alter his belief or be in the position he is in now. Everyone knew he believed what he does, so why ask? It just made trouble for I'm for no reason. It's bad journalism to sell clicks.

It's his opinion but I disagree with him. I too had family fight for the US during WW2

(and to my knowledge, they died, unlike his grandfathers) .. What is more disturbing

is how he along with many conservatives (I've seen a picture of him with the tRumps

where he looks VERY MUCH at ease in their presence) ignore why Kaepernick and

others kneel because guess what, it has NEVER had ANYTHING to do with the flag.

https://www.sportsgossip.com/drew-brees-faces-back...

Drew WAS right.

• David

Political protest is fine, but it should only be while off-duty from your job.

• David

Sorry, Rick.  It's not the same.  If you're drinking a coke, you're drinking a coke.  That's not political protest.

• Ann

He is and he shouldn't have apologized. He said exactly the right thing and wasn't screwing anyone.

• Kyle

he has the right to think however he wants.  he was just blind to what's happening in this country and made bad timing to those remarks.  i don't know if there is ever a good time for those remarks, but especially not now in this climate.  

does Nate Boyer's opinions not matter?  he helped and worked with Kaep on what he thought was an appropriate response if one must demonstrate during the Anthem to kneel instead of sit.  Boyer is a former Green Beret in the Army.

plenty of people have family that served.  they fight for the right to protest.  that's part of our freedom.  

• D.E.B.S.

Nate Boyer is one man just like Brees is one man. They each have their opinion. Both can be for the same cause and have different means of getting there. You see many videos of people in the black community chastising others in the black community for how they protest. 

Drew Brees is a moron.

There is no racism on the playing field, and I like that.

• RICK

Players would disagree with you

He is being ostracized.