Is it illegal to swim in a public fountain?

I know it’s rude, but is it *illegal*?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Public fountains are for visual effect; I am sure there is signage posted telling people 'no swimming or wading' is allowed in the fountain.  So, if you are seen doing so--and you will be, you are most likely subject to a misdemeanor charge of trespassing, or using publc property for private use...or whatever.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Not unless your BUTT NAKED and FAT AND UGLY doing it.

• 4 weeks ago

No. It is highly recommended. Especially if you pee in it.

• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡no if you are korean and THICC like my cute lil koreans 😁🙄😑😴😓😌😓😜🤐😞😦😭🤑😧🤪🥳😳😳😳👾👾😻🦍🐒😍😍😍♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Attachment image
    Source(s): ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ARMY FANDOM ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes it's illegal in almost all places. 

• GB
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Most of the ones I have seen, have ponds that are too shallow  for all but a baby or small child to swim in. There also tends to be notices saying you aren't allowed in the water.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I can't even visualize this.  Check local ordinance.  

• 4 weeks ago

Short answer: Probably illegal to swim in public fountains designed as art.

Long answer: If the sign says no swimming and you see no life guard, don't do it.

Water in fountains usually aren't treated and filtered so it wouldn't be safe to do so;  you risk an amoeba swimming into your ear and eating your brain; then the police will shoot you for disorderly conduct.

• 4 weeks ago

It's really up to whoever is in charge of the fountain.  In the USA, that would usually be the city, or property owner.  For example, the fountains at our local library are specifically designed for children to play in, as are some in the local parks.

Attachment image
    • I think this is a great answer, and I had no idea there were fountains that allow kids to play in them!

• 4 weeks ago

Did you read anywhere that "It is illegal to swim in a fountain"?& If you did NOT(i never did)then it IS legal & ok to do!BUT your fame will reach many people!You sure you wanna try?Your reputation would be ruined!

• ...Show all comments
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

ABSOLUTE BS. Not having read something is illegal isn't even weak evidence it is legal. You literally claimed ignorance of the law invalidates the law.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.