Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

Question about the PDT rule?

I have a doubt hope you can help me, If I have an account value of 31000, 11000 invested already, With 20000 left to trade and with a margin for money to borrow of 50000. Am I under the PDT? 

I am just confuse, can’t find any source to clarify my doubt, i have 11 in equity (stocks), 20000 left to buy more stocks from my original cash transfer and a they gave me 50000 of margin. If I use those 20000 cash I have available, Am I gonna be under the PDt rule?

I am not sure what you mean by "under the PDT."

If you mean "Am I classified as a position day trader" that is up to your brokerage unless you do enough day trading that they are required to classify you as a position day trader..

If you mean "Is there an rule that that limits the amount of trading I can do" the answer is there is no federal rule but your contract with your brokerage might.

You are going to lose your money and soon.