2012 silverado u joints stiff?

I have a 2012 silverado 1500 4x4, occasionally when I back up really really slow or do the same moving forward I hear this almost dry whirling/ whining sound. Seems to go away after 5mph or so. (Not the normal transmission gear whine). All fluids are good and new. I did find that the rear driveshaft u joints seem to be a bit stiff. On the front joints when I pull the shaft out of the transfer case, the yoke doesnt flop down or move side to side unless I put a little force to it. Not a huge amount but it takes a little pressure. The rear u joints seem stiff on the caps that are held in place with clips in the driveshaft. About the same stiffness as the front. These seem to be original and have 125k miles, and are non greaseable.

Does that seem normal for u joints?

Thanks for your time and help.

If you take the driveshafts off and the u-joints are stiff replace them.

Those U joints need replacing. They will shake the heck out of you, then fail.

• CB

Replace them all - once you do one the rest are easy.

• Scott

Time to replace those u-joints. I'd bet the bearing cups are full of rust.