Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

What type of wall paint can you clean?

What type of paint would you recommend that I can wipe? I want to paint my living room but since I have kids so I think it's best if I get the one that doesn't stain and can be wiped. Someone told me about this but I have no idea what type of paint it is. 

Sorry for the bad English 

You would do best with an "EGGSHELL" finish. Anything shiny like semi gloss will look awful, guaranteed. The eggshell finish is washable and perfect for children. I taught my children that they were not allowed to touch walls, window panes or mirrors since they learned how to crawl! LoL!

I used the eggshell finish in every room of the house and never regretted it as the eggshell finish is VERY easy to keep clean.

The worse wallpaint finish to use with children in the household is matte or flat finish as it is extremely hard to clean. 

The glossier the paint the more washable. The downside is glossy paint doesn't look as nice and shows off imperfections in the wall. Satin would be a good choice. Not so flat that you cant clean it but not super glossy. 

some paints say they are "scrubbable" meaning you can scrub them down. I suggest a white that is easily color matched to repaint over if you have to,

Satin finish latex paint

Look for something that says Gloss or Semi-Gloss Enamel.