What to write in my email for getting a job?

I want to send my resume to a company but the company has not announced any job opportunities. I have the email of the HR Generalist of the company and I want to send him my resume. What should I write in my email? Should I send him a cover letter or the resume itself is enough? What should I write in the subject of my email? 

• John

I suggest you call them on the phone to ask about what's available and then offer to mail them a resume.

Your email can be your cover letter.  There are plenty of sites with what to do and not to do in them.  Your's would point out quickly that while you know they don't have any current openings listed you are excited about 'companyLLK' and would like to discuss where you can help them.  Stay to the cover letter scripts you find online though.  It needs to be informative but to the point.

• Scott

Research how to write an employment cover letter or a letter of introduction. You should be able to easily find examples online.

• martin

Say how much you love the company's products and services, and want to see if they could use someone of your background.

• cornflower1 month agoReport

What if they export their products to other countries? I don't know if I ever tried any of their products.