Sara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Low blood sugar everytime i eat healthy ?

Ok so everytime i try to avoid sugar and junk on a diet i always get low blood sugar after a week of dieting and my blood pressure drops extremely low how do i avoid this ? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Your body is just used to the insulin spikes from the unnatural form of sugar. Try eating an apple and that might help bc it has natural sugar in it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

How do you know this?  Are you diabetic? Do you test your blood sugar regularly?

The reason it drops is probably because you decrease your consumption of processed foods, junk food, grain-based foods, and food with various kinds of sugar (dextrose, fructose, maltose, glucose, sucrose, lactose, etc.).  When you eat carbs, your blood sugar and insulin both rise.  Often it can be a kind of a roller coaster effect where your sugar goes up so more insulin in produced and then causes the blood sugar to drop quickly. 

When you eat a low carb, low sugar diet, your should have low but consistent blood sugar levels because you are never flooding your body with forms of sugar. Unless your are a Type 1 Diabetic, there should be no problem eating a healthy low carb diet.  If you are a T1 Diabetic, you should consult your doctor.

Blood pressure is an entirely different issue. Again, do you check your blood pressure daily?  How is it that you know that your blood pressure is low? Salt and hydration are big parts of blood pressure.  If you eat a low sodium diet and are also dehydrated your blood pressure should go down. Eating a lot of fresh vegetables can also help lower high blood pressure.  Very low blood pressure is probably not a symptom of a health diet by rather a symptom of some underlying health issue.

Talk to your doctor.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A friend with diabetes has to have some sweets or else he will have very bad things happen inside him.  Maybe control your sweet intake, but don't cancel it completely.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.