Don asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

when to put bbq sauce on grilled chicken thighs?

I know many recipes say never put BBQ sauce on chicken before grilling it because the sugar in the sauce burns too quickly. I always do because I like the char but I am aware of the problem. I usually just grill it with indirect heat to avoid burning it up.

You could marinate them in it prior to cooking, or add during cooking. If you do not eat the skin, be sure to remove it before you marinate, or before you begin to cook or your sauce will be wasted. Same applies if you wish to use a chilli or curry sauce instead of bbq. 

• When they’re 60-75% done. Definitely after they’ve been flipped, baste them with it every minute or so so the bbq sauce has time to caramelize and form a glaze. The more times you do this after each layer has time to set, the better coating you’ll have

• denise

I cook them in the oven for 10 minutes, then coat them in sauce on both sides and cook for a further 15 minutes, then coat again and finish in the oven another 5 minutes, to make them extra tasty & sticky!

• Olive

Once the thighs are done then put bbq sauce on them and let it cook in for a few

• J.S.

Brush the sauce on the thighs about 5 minutes before the chicken is completely cooked

• kswck2

At the Very end. No need to burn it.