Realtors, I have a question?

So my boyfriend and I are looking at homes for sale and I've noticed that some only have one pic of the front and then others only have exterior pictures. Is there a reason or two why some listings lack pictures? 

The listings I see have been up for a long time... so most of these ain't new listings... and they all are active....

Favorite Answer

The pics should show the best parts of the home--and if there is a lack of photos available, that ought to be a red flag. Sometimes. Sometimes a homeowner or real estate agent is just not comprehensive with the photos. I would be wary of listings without pictures of the outside and inside. The sellers either aren't working hard enough to sell the house or they're trying to hide negatives. 

• hello

Call the realtor and ask.

The main reason is a lazy Realtor or the interior is so junked up they don't want to show it.

In some (mostly foreclosure) situtations the listing agent may not have access to the inside. Even in non foreclosures, the seller may not (for whatever reason) want to realtor to take inside pictures. Another possibiliity is that the realtor just isn't doing their job very well.

Lazy realtor..................

Where I live, it's nearly always a matter of a house that's being foreclosed on, is part of a combative divorce settlement, or is being sold by a clueless owner, no realtor involved, that don't have interior pictures once they've been on the market for a while.

The reasons others suggest may be valid where they are, but I bought a house less than a year ago and my realtor wouldn't waste time taking me to see a house without an array of interior pictures. They're an essential aspect of deciding to see a house on the market.

A seller who doesn't offer them may get people to come in person, but if there aren't any pictures because they're hiding something negative about the house, it's going to be obvious. There's no advantage to getting people in the house if they're going to reject it.

The answer depends on where you are looking.  Sometimes it is the website, sometimes it is the users ability to navigate the website and sometimes it is the listing agent who is at fault.  But without knowing where you are looking, there is no way to answer specifically.

It is not uncommon for expired or sold listings to have less pictures.  Make sure you search criteria include "active" listings only.  Good Luck.

Possibly a new listing.

A number of possible reasons....

(1) the realtor was too lazy to take pictures

(2) the seller was not willing to go for a more expensive marketing package

(3) the salesman is trying to attract people to come and actually see the place (and hence the pictures are teasers)

.....

• Danny

I'm not a realtor but my guess is, the house may not be to standard so they don't want people to see what the inside looks like, but I wouldn't buy a house or put a deposit down unless  I have viewed the house.