Midnight Music Madness! Got a favourite tune about "the midnight hour"...?

...be it about or has a reference to midnight within the title or lyrics. It can also be a song that simply has that "midnight-hour-feel," for you. Midnight... the witching hour. It's been an incredibly flexible gift to many a songwriter. Midnight belongs to the crazy folk - whether they're crazy with love, lust or loneliness, it doesn't matter. At midnight, as one day morphs into another, a window opens for a moment, during which you are allowed to reinvent yourself completely.

@Motivational Emptiness, please remove your link, as your answer only shows up my notifications.

Sometime Around Midnight by The Airborne Toxic Event

• Dominique

Thanks for Favorite Answer. By the way, you have an incredible way with words. I also love how this band uses violins to add a dramatic edge.

Midnight Moonlight - Old & In The Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3M0w-LshS4

Youtube thumbnail

• HarveyB

The playing is as tight as can be, which makes this track so great. Too bad Garcia didn't do more of this stuff. Thanks for sharing, phatzwave!

• vtd288

"Midnight in Harlem" - Tedeschi Trucks Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1J04ugcdi8

Youtube thumbnail

"Midnight on the Bay" - The Stills/Young Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75KbGl0v0k

Youtube thumbnail

• Metamorphosis - Curved Air

- We are the children of the midnight, marching high in an icy mercury skyWe sing and our breath turns to frost, we watch and the frost meltsWe hear the crazy winds that weep, we don't sleep where the minds meetIn icy mercury seas we dream and we picture the sameWe dance and the worlds melt away

There is a song by the band Looks of Love, which is called "the midnight hour", and I can never post it, because it's nowhere to be found on tube or bandcamp, everywhere. And I haven't the album. Anyway, the chronology says that yesterday at midnight I was listening "Askeleet Valottomuuteen" by Jääportit.

• Kurt

"In the Midnight Hour" - Wilson Pickett

• HarveyB

Classic! Sam and Dave added to their legacy co-authoring on this with Pickett on yet another all-time soul staple! Thanks for posting this, Kurt

• mars

Walking After Midnight- Patsy Cline

• HarveyB

Loved this! In my opinion Patsy had one of  the best female voices. Who knows how high she would have flown if she had lived longer. Cheers.

• Baldy

A cautionary tale

The Jam - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SGxul6Xnh4

Youtube thumbnail

• HarveyB

Still as chilling as the first time I heard it. Definitely one of Weller's finest songwriting moments. The lyrical imagery is very vivid. Thanks posting this song.

I like 'Midnight Hour' by ? (Question Mark) & The Mysterians.

It is the 'B' side to their hit '96 Tears'.

Both great tunes.

Bought the '45' as soon as it came out, back in the day. Still got it.

• HarveyB

I like the B-side better then 96 Tears. Thanks for sharing, Pat