Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

If you're a white person do you associate with black or Asian people outside of work or stay within your own ethnic group. ?

• JASON

I don't call people friends lightly. I'd call maybe two people true friends, and I don't tell them everything about my life. No, I have no non white friends at all 

When I arrived in London fresh for the sticks and only having known one black family, that of a highly respected local GP. I was taken aback by the sea of black faces, turbans etc. From that point I made it my task to learn more about their lives and culture. The sights, sounds, colours, clothes and tantalizing aromas of the shops and market stalls were amazing and although foreign to me something in which I wanted to be a part. To me the richness which this mix brought to my life has never faded.

Yes, we sponsored a Nigerian family here about ten years ago so they could get citizenship here in Ireland and they have been our neighbours ever since and they have all Irish born kids now, they are well liked here where I live

• Rod

So in English speaking countries would your social life include associating with white people of say French or German backgrounds who speak only there native tongue privately?

You wouldn't find that very nice if they spoke only in there own language in front of you socially right?

But what about black or Asian English speaking people in the same social gatherings --- wouldn't you prefer to speak and socialize with them?

Much of what we call racialism in our societies is not really that at all --- it is cultural differences and bad social manners!

No, I don't associate with that sort. Anyway, they stay in their own ethnic groups so the other answers you've received are from liars or blacks. 

• Mercy

I have several Muslim, Jewish and black friends  and I'm glad.

Yes I do have friends of different colours. Believe it or not, some of whom have wealthy parents, well paid jobs and are more * privileged * than me shhhh