How do I get over him?

I'm so annoyed at myself. He literally had terrible opinions on everything but I always remember him saying these awful things and get butterflies at the image of him smiling as he says it and the sound of his voice as he laughs about it. 

And I STILL think about whether he would 'approve' of the things I do, and cringe at the idea he wouldn't. What do - I'm going insane. My basic rationality seems to have gone down the drain. How do I find it again. .-. 

• Rick

It's ok.  He was toxic to you and he controlled you with his approval.  That's why you're still struggling with thinking you need his approval even though you don't.  It's just a habit but it'll go away.

It's a great thing that you're no longer with him and you'll be your old self soon.  It's already happening.  Take care.

• Rick

You're welcome Hayley.  I love knowing I helped you feel better.  That's why I answer questions here.  You're right - you'll be back to how you were before meeting him in no time.