Is the purpose of the LGBTQ+ movement to end discrimination against anyone for their sexual orientation?

I do support the LGBTQ+ movement, I believe that no one should be discriminated for their sexual orientation, I have close friends that I love very much that are Lesbian, Gay, and Transsexual, they are great people, however, I went to an LGBTQ+ celebration and as soon as I said I was Heterosexual I was attacked and thrown out, their reasoning was that "Heterosexual have too many privileges".

Is the purpose of the LGBTQ+ movement to end discrimination based on sexual orientation? or is it a Revenge Movement against the most popular form of sexual orientation from the past, even if Heterosexual individuals have nothing against them and even support them?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

You are talking about something that is not normally the case. I don’t know what was said there and how everyone conducted themselves. But i can tell you what that I am a former president of a gay straight alliance - straight allies were always welcomed at our meetings. I’ve been to countless gay bars where a guy would take along his straight buddy who was just there to hang out with his friend and have a good time and it was never an issue. I’ve been to countless prides where straight allies attended. I am sorry this happened to you - but it is definitely not the norm. 

• Canoro1 month agoReport

Thank you for encouraging me to be with you to change the world in a better way. I consider myself a straight ally, it just broke my heart to see that that was happening.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

There is no such thing as the LGBTQ+ movement. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"I went to an LGBTQ+ celebration and as soon as I said I was Heterosexual I was attacked and thrown out,"

Bull Sh*t.

1/10 troll score.

• ...Show all comments

LGBTQ+ people discriminating heterosexuals is like Black people discriminating Whites, it doesn't help, and it doesn't make the world a better place.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. It is to Promote it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Danny
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

LGBTQ+ movement is the end discrimination on all parties within the LGBTQ+ community, to gain equality as we still don't have the equality. 

As for being thrown out for being straight doesn't seem true, depending on what you were going to, prides allow anyone to attend, but if it was a LGBTQ+ only gathering then thats probably why they "threw" you out, which they probably just asked you to leave.

• ...Show all comments

At first they told me to stay out, as I said that I was being discriminated for my sexual orientation, and asked for help, they force me out.

• Bob
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Never happened. Next!!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.