Billy Graham-Fraudster Or the Real Deal?

Update:

Explanation for answer desired.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Oh he was the real deal  a rarity in televangelists

• ...Show all comments
    • Tolstoyevsky
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

tell me you're not that stupid, and i'll try to believe you. THAT WAS NOT HIS PRIMARY MEDIUM, YOU IDIOT. your stupidity is wearying.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

fraudster:  a swindler

WORDS RELATED TO FRAUDSTER

swindler, trickster, deceiver, victimizer, grifter, shark, scammer, cheater, bilk

David, I know you won't agree with me, but Billy Graham was an expert in 'tickling the ears' of common people and world rulers.

(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

Jesus said, the world will hate you; but the world 'loved' Billy Graham.

(John 15:19) 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you.

(1 John 3:13) 13 Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.

In business and this world, how do you get rich or be considered a 'success'?

By giving the people what they want.

From the many comments and expressions you hear concerning him, Billy Graham has become a person 'almost' equal to Jesus.

Billy Graham, taught the 'feel good' or 'Pollyanna' form of christianity.

Yet, God's word tells us few are the ones traveling on the narrow path.

Which path is cramp, requiring effort.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." 

Faith without obedience will not save us

Graham directed people to the broad and spacious path.

He preached:  "Attend the church of your choice"

Yet God's word tells us: "we are to attend the church, that God approves of"

The true 'church' is in agreement and not scattered among the 40,000 different so called christian churches of our choice.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 

Does being an expert in tickling people's ears make one a fraudster?

I'll let you decide.

'

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Billy never has been hurting for money since he became an expert preacher.  Billy is the Real Deal, however.  No one is perfect, remember.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think he genuinely believed in Christianity and used it for good.

His son on the other hand...

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No fan of Franklin?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Depends on what you mean by "fraudster" and "real deal". As far as I know, he practiced what he preached and was not involved in any "hanky panky" like many other evangelists are and he apparently did not go off the deep end like Oral Roberts or Pat Robertson. 

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Fair enough.

• Rod
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

He was christian preacher/evangelist who preached to more people in this world in person than any other preacher.

Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour by believing he died for your sins was Billy Grahams preaching message.

Fraudster or real deal message -- up to you to decide.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

misguided, but i'm assuming he had good intentions. we should try to pray him out of purgatory.

• 1 month ago

All clergy are charlatans  All this metaphysical bullshit came from the ancient Prophets. Shamans, Oracles, Seers, Magicians, Story Tellers, Witch Doctors, Divinatory, Medicine Men, Rabbis, Priests, Ministers, Snake Oil Salesman and other flavors of Charlatanism.

Add Clairvoyants, Tarot Card and Palm readers, Astrologers, Faith Healers and TV Evangelists to the unending list of con-artists.Please, this is the 21st century...Are we still retarded by religion?

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No fan of Billy?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

People think he was the real deal.  But he actually taught works for salvation, which always leads to hell.  Instead of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ (which is the way to heaven), Graham taught "commit", "surrender", "live for", things like that, which are works and which don't save.  He was mostly a fraud. ------- Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

• Jeff
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

He was genuine -- the biggest modern-day jew-hating, gay-bashing, 

misogynist anti-Semite the world has ever known for many decades.

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Whoa!  I sense some hatred here! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.