Car light ABS?

I have not used my car during lockdown just twice for 10 min drive and started the engine another time to let it run, I did go out in it yesterday and the ABS light came on and stayed on, all was okay ten week's ago has not driving my car caused this problem.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Most likely rust build-up on the sensor causing it to go goofy 'cos it can't get a reading

There was a Scotty Kilmer video about this recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8ZhL8E9PQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Not driving for 10 weeks, and more importantly 2 drive of ONLY 10 min which are not long enough to fully recharge the battery could be the issue.

Note: MANY retail scan tools don't read ABS codes, if yo don't already have on that does, have the codes read by someone that does.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yep buy a code scanner as it will save you time and money. If it's a wheel sensor it's a relatively simple and cheap fix. The old sensor may be rusted into the hub so saturate it with WD40 and leave it for a few hours. You may even need to tap it out with a hammer! There will be a connector a couple of feet away so fit the new sensor and plug in. Clean the magnetic ring on the hub with WD40 too.

However if your scanner identifies a faulty yaw control you are in for a hefty bill as it's an expensive electronic device. Fingers crossed.

• 1 month ago

It's probably a wheel speed sensor failing. You need a scan tool that can read ABS codes to determine which wheel speed sensor it i.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

My guess would be low battery voltage from your car sitting and not running for a couple of months. 10 minute drives do not sufficiently recharge the battery. 

p.s. You need to learn how to punctuate properly. FAIL

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go for a facking drive. It does you no good to just start the car. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Check for codes with a scanner.  It is very likely a bad wheel sensor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.