ace asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 month ago

Poker is all luck because skill takes into account the long run correct?

The long run is like every 4 years in a cycle with swings playing every day. Since most sessions are live,online and way less frequent then its basically a crapshoot 100 percent of the time.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Your question is more full of s**t than the dingbat of the oval office. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Albert
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You have to know when to hold them. Also one needs to know when to fold them. Is it a game of chance or skill. That be and the odds?

• 1 month ago

Actually, poker is very, very little luck, and mostly math, evaluation and playing properly.

• 1 month ago

If poker is all luck, then that means it's impossible to lose on purpose. You can't think of a way to lose on purpose?

Is your argument that the long run (which you arbitrarily define as 4 years regardless of the # of hands played) is never reached because nobody plays for 4 years? And you're also suggesting that since some people only play infrequently, that's supposed to tell us something about all players? Cool story.

• ...Show all comments
    • ace2 weeks agoReport

the rec guy plays the same stakes as well give or take  1/3 2/5 etc.. so in 6 years when variance really kicks in towards his numbers he's just going to run hot and win some,but not enough to beat his break even or bad play from averages and again mostly luck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

False, though online does take a little less skill.

• 1 month ago

Can I get a link to the article that claims the long run in poker is every 4 years in a cycle with swings playing every day?

• ...Show all comments
    • LegFuJohnson
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

So if your entire conclusion is based on nothing but a single guess, seems pointless to use logic to try to convince you otherwise.  But it's nice that you think I'm just as good of a poker player as the top pros.  I'm not, but then again, I suppose you think you are just as good as them too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.