Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 5 months ago

IKEA item/project ?

I have looked all over the IKEA website for this item and I was wondering if anyone had bought/seen it and could link or tell me what to search? Or does anyone know what the metal bits that provide the framing and hold the wheels are called? considering trying to diy something similar to this 

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    I'd agree with Debs, it's just an A-frame you could make of wood with dowels for the cross pieces and brackets on the bottom to take the castors. I would, anyway.  You'd need bracing from to back to stop it splaying out. The trays would be an afterthought. Make it to fit what you have.

  • 5 months ago

    It is a Risatorp Trolley.

    There are assembly instructions on here, but true to the IKEA style, there are no words.  I would suggest "A Frame" for the main metal bit.

  • 5 months ago

    It looks like it is all metal except possibly the bar on the top and the trays.  As a DIY project, you could do the frame in wood with L-brackets to connect the casters to or just have a piece of wood as the base you connect them directly to.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.