How do I tilapia a fish?

My friend was telling me about a new technique for cooking fish called tilapia. He said a lot of restaurants tilapia their fish but I can't find much practical info. Most recipes focus on how to flavor it and what to serve with it, but there's a lack of info on the actual process of tilapiaing. It even says how many pounds of tilapia'd fish I need but not how to tilapia it. Any advice is welcome and helpful. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

You gotta put it on a oven

LOL

I think your friend is spoofing you.

Talapia is a breed of fish, not a cooking prep method.

• Ann

Tilapia is a type of fish, not a cooking method. 

I have no idea at all!

• This Guy2 weeks agoReport

Thank you for your honesty.

Tilapia is a type of fish that has become popular in the last few years.  Overfishing of the oceans and bans on sales of some other fish have increased tilapias popularity - mostly because it’s readily available and inexpensive.

I personally don’t eat tilapia, I’ve seen videos of the farms where it’s raised and they are disgusting, overpopulated and polluted.  The fish are literally swimming in a pool of crowded fish poop.  The few times I’ve tried to cook with tilapia I’ve been very dissiapointed in both the texture and flavor of the flesh - that was before I saw the videos which grossed me out so much I simply won’t eat it.

Tilapia is the name of the FISH--not a cooking method for fish. 

• Edward

Tilapia is a type of fish.  Your friend has the culinary knowledge of a hamster.

• denise

As far as I know, 'Tilapia' is a type / breed of fish! 

• kswck2

Oy, children should not be allowed in a kitchen for this reason. 

Let me guess, your next question will be, "From what part of the cow does the London Broil come from"?

Sadly, I'm pretty sure neither you nor him are joking. He probably made his new "discovery" the only topic of conversation for that week, and changed his Facebook job to "professional tilapiaer." Ironically enough, he probably just folds up salmon in some fancy way he saw on a cooking show.

• This Guy2 weeks agoReport

What's this fancy salmon folding method called? I'm curious.

• John

Find something to do with your idle time. Making up idiotic jokes is NOT something to do. Learn French. Study rocket science. Make yerself into something useful.

• This Guy2 weeks agoReport

That settles it, I will give up this life of inquisition and become a French rocker scientist. Thank you.