water under baseboards?

my toilet overflowed onto the floor and some water got under the baseboards. when i try to put a paper towel under the baseboard it comes out wet. I see no signs of wetness under the floor when i check in my basement. how serious is my situation? will the water dry up? i currently have a dehumidifier running in my basement. 

the water will dry up.  use disinfectant to clean the floor and don't be too concerned if some Lysol water seeps under the baseboards

Depends on how much water it is. If you can safely put a dehumidifier or space heater or something in the bathroom to dry it more quickly, that might not be a bad idea. You don't want things to rot.

This is not a cop out answer but it really depends on how long the toilet overflowed. It sounds like you may have stopped the overflow quickly. If that is true the water should not be a big problem. I had a small hole in my roof from a falling branch. The water came down in the wall and out under the baseboard. I mopped up probably two gallons are so. The baseboard was ok as was the flooring.