Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Have you ever seen a snake in real life?

Favorite Answer

Yes, at places like pet shops and zoos, I held one once when I was a kid at a small zoo near where I live :) ever since then I've loved them 

Unfortunately yes. 

I've caught snakes in my bare hands.

• susan

Yes. Wild ones at parks and of course a big variety of them at the zoo. And in my own yard I've seen the skins and dead body's of small garden snakes from time to time, but when they are moving those have always managed to elude me.

My sister used to work as a camp counselor in a woodsy area. It was her job to kill copperhead snakes that came into the units, so the children wouldn't be bit. She killed about 4 that summer, I think. She lives in a woodsy area now and has seen copperheads there too.

Once at the city park I saw someone with their pet snake, which was a huge python. I suspect they'd brought it there to get a free duck for lunch.

So yeah, I've seen enough snakes. I don't like seeing them.

Besides the usual places mentioned (zoos, pet shops) I HATED it when (I used to mow lawns as a teen since I quit school out of bullying) a garter snake would suddenly whisk past me (or away) as I was blowing leaves. I'm not Indiana Jones, but I'm sure it would startle most. 

A few eastern timber rattlesnakes in New York State in the “mountains” (hills?) while hiking. A water snake also in a lake. My dog had a standoff with a rattlesnake one time and I really thought she was going to be bitten but I screamed at her and managed to get her to come to me. Close. 

Yes, many times some longer than one and a half meters. they didn't bother me and I didn't bother them. the last time was a grass snake in my garden about 80cm long, caught it put it in a wooden box drow out into the countryside, and released it.  

Yes, I have and I did hold a few too.

• Yes, I've seen them many times.

• LilyRT

Many times.  Actually saw a copperhead last week.  I live in a rural area.  You’re gonna cross a snake every once in a while out here.  Not to mention zoos.  

• Jesere

I had one for a pet. I have held a 17 for long snake that wrapped itself around me,  it was heavy...