Was this petty?

Last month, on May 3 I bought a phone case on ebay. It was guaranteed delivery by the 8th. The seller didn't even ship it out until the 8th so I got a credit from ebay because of the late delivery. I don't know if the seller got into any trouble for their late delivery. The case didn't fit when it finally arrived on the 15th so I decided to send it back for a refund. I, being petty, waited a couple days to send it back since I had to wait for their late delivery. They received it back on the 23rd and had until yesterday to issue a refund. They waited until yesterday to do so. Why wait until the last minute unless you're being petty? It makes me wish I had waited even longer to send it back now.

• g
    Favorite Answer

Yes and you're still being petty. Let it go.

• J

How old are you? You got your refund within the time frame. If that’s something that you actually get upset over, I’d hate to see how you react to a real problem. Grow up. 

it does sound petty

I can't believe you bothered to post about this total non-problem.

YES you are being PETTY.  You got the credit and the entire transcription took less than 6 weeks,  Feel grateful.  The last thing I bought online that was delivered late and then returned was 4 mounts ago and I still haven't gotten the correct refumd.

You are criticizing the Seller for the same behavior you chose to engage in, so why is there any difference between you and them?  You do not know why the Seller shipped out late and without knowledge or evidence, simply based on your frustration, you deliberately chose to do the same.  You have both engaged in similar behavior, so perhaps be opening to accepting your choice and be comfortable with your decision-making process.

Yes it was petty, and ebay intentionally builds a considerable time limit to accommodate buyer and seller concerns. But why complicate the matter? 

• thesun

It didn't fit because you ordered the wrong one..