Should I work for company that has not paid our last salary for the past 3 months?

Before lockdown (March 15th) the company already owed us our salary for February 16 - March15th. Exactly 1 month pay, when we get our pay on the 15th and the 30th. During lockdown, they did not pay us nor was there any work. But now they want me to work for them again but still not paying. The owner of the company is rich. 

Should I work for them again when I am not sure if they will be paying me my delayed wages?

Would you work for someone who delay wages?

No, I wouldn't. I don't know what country you live in but if it were me, my response to the request would definitely be "not until I'm paid what I am already owed". You may very well be out of a month's pay. What sense does it make to add to that? 

If you are in the United States, you should contact your states workforce commission, or whatever it may be referred to where you are. In Texas it would be the Texas Workforce Commission. Your employer has violated the law in not paying you when your wages were due. You could file a wage claim, or contact an attorney.

I wouldn't, because it's not a good sign that the business has the money to continue operations. Btw, the boss being rich really doesn't matter. S/he's not going to dip into personal funds to keep a failing business afloat.

• Maxi

Where I live there are employment laws and what your company did is illegal and if not paid on the date set to pay, it is 'illegal deduction of wages' ......... I would have reported immediately and looked for another job and claimed 'constructive dismissal', claiming unemployment immediately until I found another job.

I would have recieved unemployment and the company would be required in law to pay any salaray they owed, PLUS additional monies

I'd want them to explain what they're going to do about what you're owed already and to guaranteed that in future you'll be paid on time. In writing.  Without that I'd be going elsewhere.

• TB12

I would tell them that before you consider coming back to work they need to make good on what they owe you,, otherwise, no.