Fekefufu asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Is this black privilege?

Why was there no riots in 2017 when an innocent white woman was shot and killed by a cop but when a black person suspected of a crime was just held down and died as a result there are riots? Is this black privilege?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The entire concept of privilege is nonsense. Stupid people don't realize that privilege is something that an individual earns not something that automatically is given because of the color of a person's skin. As for your question, it is OK for black people to go after whitey because their leaders and the media have given them permission to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BqN423qeu4

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=em-uploademail

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is no question there is a double standard, most whites think what Derek Chauvin was terrible but as you see by some of the ridiculous answers Mohamed Noor gets a pass because he's black and killed a white woman.  Some people going so far as to claim he accidentally shot her or that it was his inexperience.  The truth is the killing of Justine Diamond is far worse than the killing of George Floyd not because of race but because she was completely innocent, she wasn't being arrested like he was but rather she was the one who called to report a disturbance outside her home. Most likely Mohamed Noor and his partner were causing the disturbance by doing something illegal and she saw them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the 2017 case the black cop, possibly through inexperience, made a wrong split-second decision and shot the Australian woman after she startled him and his colleague in the dark. The more experienced cop also drew his gun but did not fire.

In the George Floyd killing, Derek Chauvin continued pressing his knee on Floyd's neck after Floyd said he couldn't breath and even for three minutes after Floyd had fallen unconscious. It was all captured on video.

The black cop got 12.5 years for killing the woman in a freak accident. Let's see what Chauvin's punishment is for deliberately killing Floyd before talking of privilege.

• Jeff
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

That's such a lie, his story never made sense as he would never have fired across the body of his partner.  He intentionally killed her which is why the cameras were conveniently not working.

• 1 month ago

I'm afraid for the most part, it's the old 'chip on the shoulder' attitude amongst SOME black people.   However, I have no problem with peaceful protests where applicable, but what's going on is just thugs upping the anti, looting and causing general anarchy, which is just another opportunity even if there is a lot of anger out there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is a world of difference between a police officer stupidly but accidentally shooting somebody after being surprised by them in the dark and a police officer premeditatedly kneeling on somebody's neck for eight minutes, deliberately continuing when the person is saying they cannot  breath and for the last three minutes knowing the person is unconscious because their brain is starved of oxygen.

• Jeff
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

He didn't accidentally shoot her, he drew his gun and fired even though they weren't fired upon, he had no reason to draw his weapon much less fire it but the ensuing cover up happened only because he was black and she was white.  The two case do show that Minneapolis has a corrupt police force.

• 1 month ago

The shooting of a white woman seemed to be incompetence, but this recent death seemed to be deliberate to most people - at least in that the officer was needlessly inflicting serious pain on his victim - and that is at the very least, what I saw was murder.

I think I'm right that an Asian officer shot a black man in a car in the same city.  In that case the suspect had told the officer he had a gun in the car and the officer seemed totally hyped and out of his death - I think again that incompetence was apparent.

• 1 month ago

i dont know the specific situation you're referring to, but most protests over police brutality happen when the perpetrator is not arrested and charged immediately. for most cases with white victims, the police officer is usually charged/investigated immediately after. for george floyd, that was not the case until after the protests became prominent

• ...Show all comments
    • talia1 month agoReport

i still don't think that would be "black privilege." if the protests for her death didn't explode like george floyd's did, that could have been the result of the family not wanting to make it public etc. these situations, white or black, mean one thing. we need reform in our police force. period.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would seem it is a typical example of racist double standards.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.