Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

My car was towed illegally what should I do?

I was at work as one of the managers and I was parked in the plaza where the store I manage is. The blacktop was done in the parking lot and nobody told me, I was working the whole time  and you can’t see the parking lot from inside the store. I called the town police department and they said that they are in possession of my car and I would have to pay $375 to get it since even though I told them I was parked there legally and not told to move my car it was towed by a private company not by the city. What can I do?

You couldn't tell the parking lot was redone?  Interesting.  Pay the fine.  Your bill for getting your car back is growing by the day.

• Ve Re1 month agoReport

I was in the store the whole time the parking lot is in the back and so I was unable to see them doing the work

Your car wasn't illegally towed, so get that out of your head right away. Now, you can dispute the charge, but you'll need to develop an actual defense. (No one is going to tell you to move your car...this isn't elementary school.)

• Ve Re1 month agoReport

It’s definitely a small lot there’s like 6 establishments and maybe like 40 parking places. The owner of the plaza paid for the repaving I believe. I found out today from my GM that they told my company the repaving was going to be done next week early morning hence why I was never told about it.

You can always try to contest it in court. If you have evudence that you work in the plaza then theres solid proof that you are not in the wrong.