Question about bankruptcy ?

So I decided to file bankruptcy. But I am going to keep my car. Negotiate that and what not. If I keep my car and still continue to make payments will bankruptcy still show on my car insurance? Even though I’m leaving the car completely out of the bankruptcy? Just wondering.

Bankruptcy never shows ON your insurance. If you file, your insurance company WILL see that you filed, if they look. Keeping the car is IRRELEVANT to that.

Note: You legally CAN'T keep the car out of the bankruptcy, even if you keep the car and reaffirm the car loan in the bankruptcy.

• Barry

The official receiver decides what is included or not. You don't get to negotiate anything. Usually cars are excluded unless they are of very high value. Why would your insurer care about your bankruptcy? As long as premiums are paid cover will be provided.