Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Do I have right to be mad? ?

Friend invited me to their house. Was nice and all. Then he got really drunk like an alcoholic it ruined the night. We had gone to at he drove but he got too drunk and I had to drive us back. Shouldn’t he have been responsible for his drinking? Felt uncomfortable driving him back and hanging with him. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There is no such thing as "drunk like an alcoholic" - but that aside, sure you have the right to be mad. But perhaps he made a mistake and also some people react differently to alcohol than others. Perhaps he reached a point where he wasn't making the best decision which caused him to drink more in a vicious cycle. However, this being your friend, you should know if this is rare or common behavior. If it is common, then I'm no sure why you would be mad at him because there is an expectation. If it is rare, perhaps find out what happened. Maybe something bad is going on that he doesn't feel comfortable talking to people yet and this is how he is dealing with it.

In the end, you can be whatever you want to be. But maybe you shouldn't judge a person based on one night where it doesn't sound like he did anything horrible to you (or anyone else) other than make you uncomfortable.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You feel how you feel. You had an expectation and that expectation was not met.  No one is required to spend time with anyone.  If you don't approve of drinking, or of getting drunk, or you think someone how is a host should behave in a certain way, then tell your friend or end the friendship. 

From your post, no one knows if getting drunk is routine for this guy or something unexpected happened, or how well you know this guy.  

• 1 month ago

It may have been nerves causing him to drink more than usual, or perhaps he either has a problem abusing alcohol or is an alcoholic 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.