Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 months ago

Is it better to go with flow?

My BF of 7 months said he is committed as BF/GF but he is not in rush for marriage. He said he doesn’t want to commit to saying we will get marry in “this month or that month and which day” because he doesn’t know about the future. Is it better to go with flow? He said he is dating only me. I told him I do want to settle down in near future and he said he wants too, but we will see.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

7 months might already be considered a "lifetime" for them. if no change in the flow is even in the situation, drop them like a hot potato and move on. they  will get the message real fast.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Seven months is way too soon to be discussing marriage of course. But even if you'd already been together for 24 months unless you're both 25+ with solid, dependable careers going marriage wouldn't be a plausible option anyway. So I guess "go with the flow" if you want to call it that. Your bf is just being a rational person whereas it sounds like you're in some kind of rush to plunge into something you're to ready for. 

• 4 months ago

It's quite extraordinary what some people think qualifies as an Etiquette question.

Please move it to 'Family and Relationships - Dating". Anyone can move their own questions as often as they like.

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Don't even think about a wedding date until spent a 2-3 year engagement actively preparing for 60 years of marriage. People who are reluctant to marry and take the time to be very very of each other generally have much happier longer lasting marriages then people who are eager to be married.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

thats up to you

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You've only been dating for seven months.  That's not a lot of time.  Wouldn't you like to know more about him?  It sounds like he wants to to know you better.  Why are you in such a rush?  Perhaps it's time to move on.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You’ve only dated 7 months!

Give the r/ship time to develop closer over time.

Do not push or pressure him into this or you’ll lose him!

• 4 months ago

If you can bring flexibility into your relationship, this can make the decision-making processes between you easier to navigate.  Being rigid can often create tension as there is less give/take between two people.  You both seem committed to the relationship, and that is an essential first step forward.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.