Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Do the protesters think cops should be gotten rid of?

‪With all due respect, honest to god, just want a little clarity, do these people just want cops gone? Like, I genuinely don’t understand because people say they’re all terrible but like... how do we reconcile that with the fact we still need some form of law enforcement? Giving them less funding seems like a poor plan because from what I hear departments are stretched thin as is and it would just mean less ordinary cops, more money for the brass. The inly thing I could think would make sense is extra training but even that may not be that effective. Again, really not trying to be facetious and personally I’m really struggling with knowing how to help as I don’t think the riots are right when they’re hurting normal people (small businesses and the like) but I get why people feel pushed to that point. I’ve considered marching but truthfully I don’t hate the police in the way a lot of protesters seem to and would just feel like I was there as some kind of moral jerk off at that point. I’m torn. But regardless, the question at hand: what is the end goal for cops in the eyes of protesters.

• Bruce

Near as I can tell, they just want cops to treat everyone like law abiding citizens. And many of them do this by assaulting, vandalizing and looting which law abiding citizens don't do. 

No, many of the protesters are cops.

The protesters just wanna loot.........Which is why they are just looting.