Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Wife lied about taking birth control?

I'm 36, my wife is 29. We're both professionals, and we've been married for 2 years (going on 3). Our marriage is great, foundation with us, she's super accomplished (competed in professional pageants, eats great, stays in shape), but the only think is that we just could NOT get pregnant. It's always been my dream to start a family (my dad walked out of my life, so it's honestly inflated)... He wanted to start 1-2 years after we got married, which we did, but nothing happened. Long story short, I come home from work this evening (she's a housewife now (with 2 degrees), and works part time with non-profits (she has her MPA) .. And she is sitting on the couch SOBBING, breaks down and tells me that the reason we can't get pregnant is because she is only BIRTH CONTROL, I was furious. punched a whole in the wall/ cursed at her horrible, and am sleeping in the guest room. I am done and need advice on what to do next????

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

maybe after youve calmed down sit with her and ask her why she did it because she like any other will have their reasons. try to understand in her perspective and then tell from yours and then make a plan on where yall are headed next

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

What a way to disrespect your house. A marriage based on a lie will never succeed.

If you are done get a good  div once lawyer dump her and move on.

Keeping secrets in a marriage as you see destroys everything you built.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lucky you my ex lied about birth control too, only she told me she was on it and she wasn’t, now I’m paying maintenance for another 10 year

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She obviously does not want to have children right now. Maybe never. I’m assuming that she was trying to avoid a fight by taking the pill. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Dam bro, that was wrong of her, and you over reacted a little, calm down and talk to her, continue trying and make sure she doesn't lie to you anymore. 

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get a lawyer, get a divorce.

• 1 month ago

"Furious","Punched a hole in the wall"?  You are not fit to be a partner to ANY woman.  Getting pregnant to such a person would be a whole lot worse than being sent to prison.  You probably don't need to tell her that though.  You have SHOWN her that she has been wise.

• 1 month ago

Double check how coronavirus affects reproductive system

• 1 month ago

Use your words, have some self respect. If you want kids, make it known, because she's wasting your life.

• boj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Talk to her about her reasons for lying then emphasize that you want kids. Also ask when she thinks she will be ready to start a family and be specific whether it will be a deal breaker for you if she wont.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.