Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do my parents turn everything into a life lesson?

I was just asking my dad to pass me something from the other side of the dinner table and I forgot the same of it because I don't speak that language. I just point to it and I basically have a mentally block and am unable to describe it. Anyway, my dad starts going on about how if you want something in life you need to be able to speak up and not be quiet. Then my parents both proceed to call me weak and unable to stand up for myself and it turns into a fight. I don't even want to eat anymore like jesus christ calm tf down.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Lol this does sound annoying sounds like my parents kinda until I started ignoring them.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

theyre just trying to teach you stuff

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Kudos to your parents.  They're trying to give you life skills that you can use now and in the future.  Brush up on whatever their native language is.  You'll thank your parents later.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What language? You seem to know English. They are right that it's very weird for you to point at something instead of ask for the name of it to learn. Like say could you pass me that...what's it called? Thanks.

They should not come down on you so much, but I guess it's hard raising a child 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

cause theyre just trying to teach you stuff

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you forget the name of something you could always say “pass me that

whatever it is.” If all you’re doing is pointing you’re being antisocial.

Any parent worth his or her salt is going to say something about that.

Calling you weak is bad parenting.

If you’re able to stand up for yourself, stand up for yourself. When you’re on your own you’ll need it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.