How Come Veterans Get 1 Dedicated Day Of The Year But LBGTQ Get A Whole Month?
im not trying to be offensive or anything just wondoring
- Anonymous1 month ago
Because Merica is just so supportive of it's veterans. Honestly, I don't mind. Not the type of person that takes military service as all that special. Just insane enough to do such. Wasn't for the praise that one serves military service anyways. Just fortunate that I was one of the few who can deal with such "military intelligence."
Is it trying to be humble and understanding enough that I don't few my service as that big a deal. Lucky to have lived from my car accident. Just trying to enjoy retirement, but this crazy world.
- 99%AnonymousLv 51 month ago
because we want to be left alone
- out2lunch4now2Lv 71 month ago
The Alphabet Mafia makes more noise and has less to do to occupy their day.
- PearlLv 71 month ago
maybe you need to ask them this question
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- EntropyLv 71 month ago
Nobody actually gets off or DOES much for that month. That 1 day actually sees a lot of events and things going on. It's like 'Black History Month'. Does anyone actually DO anything for Black History Month? Not really. I'm supportive of the idea of trying to get people to know more about a part of history that's not that broadly known...but making a month out of it has been pretty much a failure at accomplishing that goal, hasn't it?
- Anonymous1 month ago
I asked my sister this, because she is very liberal and pro LGBTQ, and she said because they can, and I said but the reason they can is because of veterans.
- Wage SlaveLv 71 month ago
Veteran's Day is a federal holiday, LGBTQ pride month is not any sort of official federal holiday.
- April is Month of the Military Child.
- May is Month of the Military Caregiver AND National Military Appreciation Month.
- June is PTSD awareness month (in addition to LGBTQ pride).
- August is Antiterrorism Awareness Month.
- November is National Veterans & Military Family Month AND Warrior Care Month.
Additionally, we celebrate the following military holidays throughout the year:
- February 3, Four Chaplains Day
- February 4, USO Birthday
- Week of February 14, National Salute to Veteran Patients
- February 19, Coast Guard Reserve Birthday
- March 3, Navy Reserve Birthday
- March 4, Hug a GI Day
- March 5, Seabee Birthday
- March 13, K-9 Veterans Day
- March 15, American Legion Birthday
- March 25, Medal of Honor Day
- March 29, National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- April 5, Gold Star Spouses Day
- April 9, National Former POW Recognition Day
- April 14, Air Force Reserve Birthday
- April 15, Purple Up! Day
- April 23, Army Reserve Day
- April 30, National Military Brats Day
- May 1, Silver Star Service Banner Day & Loyalty Day
- First Thursday in May, National Day of Prayer
- May 8, Victory on Europe Day
- Friday Before Mother's Day, Military Spouse Appreciation Day
- 2nd Saturday through 3rd Sunday in May, Armed Forces Week
- May 13, Children of Fallen Patriots Day
- Week of May 15th, Peace Officers Memorial Week
- Third Saturday in May, Armed Forces Day
- May 22, Maritime Day
- Last Monday in May, Memorial Day
- June 6, D-Day
- June 12, Women Veterans Day
- June 14, Army Birthday & Flag Day
- Week that ends June 14th, Flag Week
- June 23, Coast Guard Auxiliary Birthday
- June 27, PTSD Awareness Day
- July 4, Independence Day
- July 27, National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
- July 29, Army Chaplain Corps Anniversary
- August 1, Air Force Day
- August 4, Coast Guard Day
- August 7, Purple Heart Day
- August 10, US Dept of Defense Birthday
- August 16, National Airborne Day
- August 29, Marine Corps Reserve Birthday
- September 2, Victory over Japan Day
- September 11, Patriot Day
- September 17-23, Constitution Week
- September 17, Constitution Day
- September 18, Air Force Birthday & Secretary of Defense Birthday & Air National Guard Birthday
- Third Friday in September, National POW/MIA Recognition Day
- Last Sunday in September, Gold Star Mother's Day
- October 13, US Navy Birthday
- October 26, Day of the Deployed
- October 27, Navy Day
- November 5-9, National Veterans Small Business Week
- November 10, Marine Corp Day
- November 11, Veteran's Day & Armistice/Remembrance Day
- December 1, Civil Air Patrol Birthday
- December 7, National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- December 13, US National Guard Birthday
- December 14, National Wreaths Across America