Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

I have Amblyopia and want to be a Naval Aviator. ?

I have Amblyopia, and have to wear glasses. I looked at the requirements on the Navy website and it didn't say if that disqualifies me. It really sucks, because I'm in great shape, have a 3.8 GPA, I do Civil Air Patrol and I play sports, so I think if I worked hard I could get appointed to the Academy. I'm also waiting for my next Eye Doctor appointment to see if I meet the other vision requirements. I had asked him, and he said he didn't know.

• ?

You probably won't pass any test which involves depth perception. But you have to be tested to determine that.

i would ask your doctor about it

Amblyopia is a condition that is treatable. My son had it when he was very young. He had a twenty year career in the USMC and just retired last Friday. Go see an eye doctor. If your condition has progressed to the point where your brain no longer views images in one of your eyes you won't even be considered once you are given a vision test.