Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Second outside cat died unexpectedly?

I had five outside cats. One was the mama, her three two month old kittens and one male cat from her previous litter, about two weeks ago the mama cat went missing and we found her dead beside our deck. She didn't have any blood or wounds on her which made her death suspious. Last night after coming home I noticed the male cat under our deck and wouldn't move. I went under and brought him to the top of the deck. I gave him a little water in a syringe and he seemed to want it. But this morning I came out to him dead with blood coming out of either his nose or mouth. He didnt have any wounds either. What could be causing the death of my cats and how can I prevent the kittens and my two indoor cats from getting it? 

(Side note: I feed them twice daily and give them fresh water, so they werent starved. They were also outside cats in the middle of the country and were always catching mice.)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Likely dead of poison. maybe thay ate the poisoned rat or rat poison.

    You should keep other kittens in house.

    If you need some cat tree please check out brand cupets.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    If you have neighbors, there is a good chance that they don't like your cats being on their property.  A cat that is off your property is a stray, and in many areas it is legal to poison stray cats. 

    Keep your cats inside, they are the most safe there. 

    It could also be that they ate rats or mice who ate poison.  If you use toxins for pest control, you are most likely the ones who poisoned your cats.  An outside cat will hunt and will kill local native wildlife, even if they aren't hungry. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Likely got into poison, maybe rat poison as it kills animals very quickly.  If you don't want the same thing to happen to the kittens, you will make them inside only cats.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Possibly poison. 

    If they catch moce, is it possible there was a mouse that had been poisoned?

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    There is probably some rat poison sitting around somewhere that your cats are eating there is a rat poison out there called tomcat which is fish flavored it's irresistible to rats and mice unfortunately it's also irresistible to cats

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Outside cats are at the mercy of weather, diseases and environmental poisons.  If someone is putting out mice poison and then the cats eat the mice, the cats get poisoned too. If the cats haven't been to the vet, there's things like worms, feline leukemia, feline aids et al to kill them. Barn cats still need to go for rabies shots too.

    Source(s): Cousin with 40 acres and 30 cats.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Maybe she had a heart attack. So sad she died 😢 😢

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.