I just opened a jar of Alfredo sauce and licked the lid and swallowed it but realized its extremely spoiled tasting. Will I get sick?

• kswck2

YOu might wretch a little, but you will be ok. 

Good chance you will not get sick.  But there is a slight chance.  

If this was a new jar you should contact the company and provide them with the information on the lot number and other identifying information they will ask for. 

As long as the lid was still intact (safety "button" still depressed) it should not have spoiled. 

Even if the "best by, use by" date had passed it should not have spoiled.

• Anton

Probably not.  You can handle a little of almost anything.

But Oh My God WHY?  Looked on the Internet, found Bertolli Alfredo Sauce -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Q3F0QK -- picture of the label and the crap in it.  You want Potassium Metabisulfite in your food???

Alfredo Sauce is EASY -- a little minced garlic, a little minced onion, saute a little in olive oil, a little heavy cream, a little parmesan cheese.  You can make as much or as little as you need, fresh.

• I mean there’s always a chance you can get sick from anything, but I doubt you’ll get I’ll from licking old Alfredo. Sure it’s nasty, but the chances of developing something concerning is very small. Knock on wood. Serves you right for licking cold Alfredo, you dirty savage

• Brandon1 month agoReport

My wife asked me why would I lick cold Alfredo any way lol. But I do feel nauseous atm but it’s been 12 hours so I’m hoping for the best. I can’t chew food atm but it could be in my head. 

• GFH

Unlikely that you'll get sick, if you just licked it a bit. 

• Brandon1 month agoReport

I hope not b/c I keep burping it up and cant get the taste out of my mouth and breath. I mean it was the worse thing I EVER put in my mouth... but yet it doesn't look old.