Is it normal for your eyes to hurt when using a laptop with an HD monitor?

I've been using my old laptop for almost 10 years now, and it had a 1080x720(or 768) resolution display. Now i bought myself a new laptop and it has an HD screen and a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

I've only been using it for couple of days but i already feel that my eyes hurt more watching the screen, especially during the night. It's true that i use the laptop all day, but with my old laptop, it wasn't a problem, at least not often.

I definitely feel the difference between HD and a non-HD monitor. The HD just feels more bright and more colorful. Is the high resolution the reason why my eyes hurt? Is this normal for people is it just me?

Probably normal for you.  Cannot guess about the others.

That is all that can be guessed from only "a new laptop" with no make, model number, size of screen, its color balance, brightness you run, if you have decreased the blue light or not on it, what your visual acuity is, how close you sit.

Source(s): My 2011 year iMac with moderate resolution on its 27 inch screen and half brightness is over 3 feet from my nose. I have corrected 20/15 vision (better than normal) in the good eye, no problem using it as long as I like.