How much alcohol can a petite woman handle?

I am 5'2" and weigh about 108 pounds. How much alcohol can I consume and not be drunk? No one in my family drinks, so I can't ask them. Like how many glasses of wine or cups of beer are going to make me likely feel drunk? I want to know my limits for when I am out with friends. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Two drinks in one hour and one drink per hour after the first hour.  Alternate with water or soda.

• Edward

A woman's liver is  2/3 the size of a man's  liver.  On top of this, you are a small woman. Alcohol will damage your health. Drink only a very limited amount of alcohol.  If you want something in your hand,  try soda water with ice and lemon.

1 drink per hour, that's it.

Your height and weight are not an issue at all.

What matters is you tolerance to alcohol, how tired you are, whether you drink on an empty stomach or after/with food, how quickly you drink and if you are taking any medication.

Your height and weight won't matter if you've never had the stuff before.  In your case, one drink will make you tipsy.  Two drinks will make you think you're whispering when you're actually yelling.  Three drinks will put you completely under the table.  Be careful.

Doesn't matter what you drink.  A glass of wine, a beer and a shot of hard liquor all pack the same punch.  If you're out with friends, don't have more than two drinks.  If you feel your upper lip tingling, slow down.

• Amy

Altho it does have something to do with your size there is also an element of individual ability to handle it.  It also depends on how strong the drinks are and what you have eaten before drinking.  Always make sure you've eaten within about 1 hr of drinking but don't overeat.   I recommend you gently experiment and you'll start to get a feel for what your limits are.  

• Sathi

Not a lot. Be careful. I have a friend your size and I can tell she’s feeling tipsy after half a beer. Her eyelids get a little heavy and she has a silly smile. She very rarely drinks, and that’s her limit. The other half of the beer gets poured down the drain. She’s so sweet. ☺️

Hi Julia,

Given your physique and health issues, I would suggest not drinking ANYTHING with alcohol.

Are you even of legal drinking age, How well do you know people that'll be in your presence?

See here:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

• CB

Everything you need to know is available on the internet - try google sometime - found this - https://awareawakealive.org/educate/blood-alcohol-...

Impossible to say as people handle drinks differently.  A couple of drinks quickly and I would suspect you would feel it.