Why is my ssi still pending is been almost 6 months?

Mental health issues are very difficult to prove.  Again, speak to your Psychiatrist about this at this week's appointment.

• Judith

That is highly unusual.  It takes an average of 60 to 90 days to process a disability claim.  You would have to ask social security what the hold-up is - although I suspect most of it is caused by covid19.  Employees have been working at home.  Also most doctor offices have been closed so responding to requests for medical evidence would be greatly delayed.

NOTE for those who will answer that it can take years to process a claim.  No.  It doesn't.  A person usually receives a decision within 90 days of filing the claim.  What can take years is the appeals process.  It takes roughly 60 to 90 days to process a reconsideration.  It takes 1 to 2 years to process a request for a hearing (due to lack of personnel) and a little over a year to process an Appeals Council Review which is the last decision made on a claim.  After that you can file an appeal with the US Federal District Courts or start all over again.I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.