Home property Tax?

I bought the house in 10/17/2019 

And the people before me had reduction so benefited from it but I have to pay it back.

The Town is asking me to pay an extra full year of tax on top of 2020. It’s one time charge but I am still confused why do I have to pay the 2019 full tax when I only lived there for 3 month 

I can at least pay the difference if whatever they paid. And now my mortgage company increased my payment by $2000 I think because they think now my property taxes are $20000 instead of 10k? 

Please help 

• Judy

Check your closing statement.  Taxes should have been prorated ther btween you and the seller, for the time th sllr owned it.

You owe the difference between what they paid and your rate for the time only that you have owned it. Someone has their head up their *** asking you for a full years taxes. BTW your lawyer should have determined this and it should have been collected at closing. When you get it straightened out go to the bank with your expected taxes and get them to adjust the escrow. Also should all have been figured out at closing.