Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 5 months ago

I have a Nebraska permit and would I be able to get a license in a different state sense I'm moving in 4 days?

I'm moving to Missouri with my boyfriend and I won't be in Nebraska. I have a Nebraska permit.

• Bill

When you get to Missouri, get a Missouri license.  Look here for more information:

https://dor.mo.gov/drivers/idrequirements.php 

• Edna

If all you have is a "permit" (a restricted driver's license and not a full driver's license), you might or might not be able to transfer a permit to Missouri. Phone a DMV office in Missouri and ask them if they allow a "permit" to transfer. If they don't, you'll have to start all over again and obtain a "permit" issued by the State of Missouri. 

• May

No. ......    "SINCE"...... Learners permits are not transferable from one state to another.

No, but you'll be able to get a permit in Missouri.  If you pass the requirements, that is.

Only a 'full' driver's licence can be transferred to another jurisdiction, not a graduated level.  If you're anywhere in the graduated level, you've got to start over as a new applicant.

You will need to get a new permit in Missouri. 

since - sense

Even cents sounds similar!

Since you will be moved soon, just ask your question in Missouri, if you can.  Everything in my state seems to be closed.  The govt is messed up everywhere.  It's likely that you'll need to start over in MO.

• Kaz

Apply for a new permit when you get to Missouri.  

1) It's SINCE, not sense. (fail)

2) No, the Nebraska permit will be invalid. You will need to get a new learner's permit in Missouri. Therefore you will have to study the MO drivers manual first so you can pass their written test. 

• Scott

Your permit is only valid in Nebraska. You will need to get a Missouri permit SINCE you're moving in four days.

Not off that permit. You'll have to start over again in Missouri with a new learner's permit. Your learner's permit hours driving in Nebraska won't count towards your Missouri permit, either. You'll be starting out like someone who has never had a learner's permit before.